Friday, February 9, 2007

Tres Passing



New York is freezing everyday now, I am wearing as much as clothes I can.... I like warm weather better, I feel more free and relaxed. Cold is sometime too much tight for me, my thinking stops, gets lazy!

Recently when I read my friends' blogs, it makes me feel that all of us are going through the same feelings, growth, struggles etc. Most of my friends' entries talk about how much they're struggling at their work, how little time they have, how unsure they feel about their near future. No matter what one person does or where the person is, I guess everybody lives steps by steps, learn in similar situations.

After the school, "job" takes up so much time of your life time and you start asking if what you're projecting is necessarily how you'd like to live a life. As you manage little time, more birthday parties, more engagement news, more weddings, more kids.... It seems like as if there were only one way to live, it is like something is showing you how you supposed to live your life, and you get scared because you have never thought of it, you think it is boring that you can project your life so easy... no wait, with a cup of coffee maybe you feel better, you might think it is actually the best way to enjoy one's life. Moments like that start repeating.

Once you see frirends with babies, friends with spouse, you say "How happy you look!" and you actually are shared their happiness and you think, "it's not too bad". You think you used to be more ambitious, you think it's not too late, you think, "I am too busy."

New York is an odd place, you meet mid-age guy who says "I have nothing to lose and finally I have figured money does not mean too much to me, and finally I can pursue my dream." Another day you meet this young girl going crazy with money and boys, abusing oneself, like there is no tomorrow. You see a man with tons of garbage bags next to a women in the rich fur coat. You reflect, "Which world do I belong?"

No comments: