Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Positive Thinking, Liberate yourself from pains!

I remember when I was in college and whenever I go back to Japan for summer vacation, I'd find a short term job and worked. I liked working and also I felt like I should make my own money to spend on hanging out with friends since my parents paid my tuition..some type of guilty feeling motivated me to work.

Whatever the short term job was, it was usually super boring non-brain using jobs. Well.., I needed brain but not much, you know? Most of the jobs I found was one-day cash paid job such as promoting different thing. Sometime, films, sometime, eels at super market, the other day, beer, some another day, credit cards. Whatever I promote and wherever I do that my job, this kind of job required a lot of energy and friendliness. I'd be smiling all day, talking constantly, and standing forever. There is no particular goal but then of course I was expected to do good.

It was such a boring job, I mean if you want to sabotage, you can easily be lazy and not sell anything. I hate a day when it passes so slow and I check my watch so many times. In order to let the time pass quick, I had to sell stuff and talked to more people and made my day more interesting. Otherwise those kind of jobs could be deadly boring and killing.

Interesting thing was, as I tried to work harder, my time passes faster, and I'd do better. Usually there would be more discoveries and happiness in a day. I thought my job was boring but if I weren't positive, my day could be far worse. That experience taught me how to be positive on things even though I am situated in a worst scenario. When I am positive I can see more things, think things better and results better.

Today I had some conversation on this particular topic. I cannot go into details since this is classified as top secret, (Isn't it funny? now I know so many random people are reading this blog, I tend to write critical/honest/important stuff in English. That way I can cheat my Japanese readers...! anyway.) I was not positive about one thing. I was thinking negative. I was like, "Oh, how poor I am, I don't deserve this, I deserve better!" but this another person threw me a perspective, "Oh, you are so lucky to be in your spot." which I have never thought of my position as.

That new positive perspective threw me a whole new different world. I mean.. Before I felt worst but now I feel somewhat okay, like I think it is okay. Actually I notice that so many different things in my daily life right now, I feel like I suffer from how I think. I feel like I am choking myself, with my own built values. If I can just let that go... let me ego or rules go, how much more free would that be! Because I put myself in certain value sets, when it is out of my value, I feel so frustrated and painful. But if I have abilities to adopt different values, wouldn't life be more fun, more happiness, more freedom....?

Positive thinking and letting it go, is my key to the peaceful moments these days...

No comments: