Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My favorite quote

I used to have this quote written on post it and left it on the refrigerator but then I don't see it these days in the house... thought I'd write it down again!


"the pursuit of happiness is a lie, as if there were a point when everything changes, when you become wise. I believe enlightenment or revelation comes in daily life. I look for joy, the peace of action."

This is from Paulo Coelho's interview from a few years ago in the paper. I really like the idea that happiness is not a goal but a journey and enlightenment could come in your life everyday. That is very encouraging and exciting way to think about it.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

いい事言うおっさんやな〜。
wiseになりたいね〜
がんばろう

saknak said...

DK>そうだよ〜。高校生の時に彼の「アルケミスト」を読んでからファンです。その本しか面白くないけど!幸せは毎日隠されているのです、後は気がつけばよいだけ、、