Monday, September 29, 2008

Camping at Mongaup Pond



As my previous entry said, camping was a success! It was a surprise camping for my boyfriend and I was planning from a month ago! (well, I just had to book the camp ground ahead for many people) I wanted to chose somewhere in the wood, by the water and where I can bring dogs... I did some research but I couldn't really see the photos of the place so I was a bit worried but it was a great spot in the catskill state park.

It was about 3 hours away from the city, and it was actually the perfect timing to see foliage... It was so beautiful driving. Since the weather forcast was "STORM" for the weekend, I was really disappointed but actually Sat. turned out okay, cloudy but did not rain until we went sleep! It was such a perfect weather and I thanked somebody up there...! It turned out we were 18 people and 2 dogs, very fun camping with bunch of friends :)

Camp fire, s'more and the most amazing thing was food that people prepared! I assigned food and drinks to each team but people were so prepared, we had different kind of sandwiches for lunch, we had Kababs , soup, 3 different salads at night, and we had rice, egg, and filipino sausage in morning! Such a good food...

It was really nice to spend quality time with friends and dogs. Dogs always make camping more fun! Since we got a tent now, I want to attempt to go camping again before winter, also want to challenge fishing in spring. When did I become so outdoor, I wonder. Oregon must have done it to me. We also went hiking to the cliff that one of our friends used to hang out while he skipped class at high school. When we got to the cliff, it was very foggy and couldn't see anything but it felt like we were in the cloud!

Such a great trip, I love being out of city on weekend.

No comments: