Sunday, July 27, 2008

growing up and mumbling before going to bed

I took a nap during day that was too long and now I cannot sleep! I love taking a nap these days, it's such a luxurious moments in life I think... in a favorite blanket without worrying anything, such a comfort for me.

Another good news came in, my best friends from high school is engaged! yes, there are 4 best friends that I always hang out together since 16 years old? and we are still good friends. Oddly enough, two of them got engaged this month. My blog is turning into like a wedding magazine or something... anyway I am very happy that they are engaged, and at the same time it makes me feel, not old but grown up!

While I was in the bed couldn't sleep (which was 10min. ago, and I decided to come down and write something, so I feel better) I was staring at the dark ceiling and thinking back how we became friends at the high school in Japan, moments from beach trips, moments we fought, countless times that we laughed hard together, when they came see me off at the airport when I left for the United States.... by now we have known for each other almost 10 years and there is so much memories among us.

After finishing schools, started working,we faced our own way and started walking on our own path. Sometimes I was worried that our friendship will be faded as time goes but my thought was wrong. Although most of my friends are not good at writing to each other and keeping in touch, we still share the precious friendship and whenever I see them in Japan, it feels like time did not pass like we thought when we are apart.

It is such a great lifetime experience to have friends like that in one's life. I am very happy for my best friends who are engaged and I wish I could see them in person and congratulate them right now. I miss seeing them. I must say it is a strange phase of my life that people are getting married, settling down, starting a family....really makes me think what I want to do with my life. I thought marriage or having kids are something completely foreign to me but i guess, I am grown up now. (!)

Happiness caters for people in a different way for each person but I strongly believe that happiness is not a goal but a journey..maybe it is a hardship, maybe it is a laughter, maybe it is sadness that surrounds you but when you look at the big picture, probably everything is part of your happiness in life. It is easy to forget and become arrogant about how I am blessed and happy. Good friends, loving boyfriend and a doggie, good job and health. What more can I wish for? and more, my comfy blanket is waiting for me to sleep.

3 comments:

AKKO D said...

今度は誰??

saknak said...

笑 あやだよーーー!

AKKO D said...

わお!!
国際生って、結婚できなそう~(私とか)、結婚しなさそう~って感じの人多かったけど、結構みんなあっさり結婚していくね。
でもまー、年も20代半ばだし、そういう時期なのかもね。日本に帰国した際には、みんなにおめでとうって言いたい。