Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trader Joes in NYC has a special status


This was the other day's breakfast, peach and banana bread! Banana bread though, I cheated and used Trader Joes mix. It was pretty good! Trader Joes in NYC, there is only one and it's in our neighbourhood. I always pass by and it's opened like... 2 years ago? but they still get line. sometimes, they have to limit people who go inside and line gets long outside of the store!! Part of the reasons are that NYU dorm is right next to the store and kids always go there to grab cheap food. compare to other groceries, they have good quality food for cheaper price. When I was in Oregon TJ was NEVER crowded and I remember there were many small local groceries. but here, TJ and super crowded farmers market on Sat. are few of the options for good grocery. It is usual that I spent about 20-30min in line to purchase grocery. Isn't it insane?

By the way, there are few things that I really like from TJ's these days so I list them.

-Banana Bread Mix
-Guacamole Kit (they have 2 avocados, chili, garlic, onions already in the pack!)
-Lemon Curd Paste (you put it on toasted bread, yummm....my staples these days)
-Bulkogi (they have already marinated ready to go Bulkogi beef. It's easy and pretty good.)
-TJ pizza series (I am not a big fan of pizza, but they make great frozen pizzaz in different flavors!)
-Chocolate Souffle (This is one of my favorite. They are sold frozen.You put it in the oven for 20min, there goes melting fluffy chocolate souffle......drool)


Try them if you have a chance!

No comments: