Monday, April 20, 2009

FIghting Off Jet Lag

(Above train to commute. Full of suit tired men)
I took a day off since I was working on Good Friday. It is rainy and very cold in NYC! the worst weather it can be in April.

New York is a big city but after coming back from Tokyo, I can physically feel that it is much more relaxed. I don't know what makes it so different but I think being in Tokyo, just being surrounded by so many people made me tired. Riding train, walking around in the city, there are always always tons of people and traffic!

Every time I go back to Japan, I encounter different feelings and this time was also such a case. Especially this time, I had my best friends' wedding and other friends marriage and baby news, that definitely let me know that time is flying and each friend is walking their own path.

Some friends asked me "When are you coming back to Japan?" and it breaks my  heart, and the word becomes heavier every year. I saw a lots of  my friends and it is always good to see them and hang out, but I miss them a lot when I come back.

Life here is much easier... I feel like. Food in Japan, so much better! and shopping.  I am still not sure what keeps me in the states for such a long time but of course I have a job here, I have relationships here etc, and I think most of all that I know going back Japan is always there as an option but staying in the United States is not. Once I go back to Japan, it will be most likely hard to come back here.

This year I am going back to Japan again in July for another wedding, I am happy I get to see people again! Also I would like to travel somewhere....



4 comments:

etsuko said...

i feel ur pain, girl.
二つの国に挟まれてる「どぉしよぉもない」気持ちが
ひしひしと伝わってきたよ。
あたしも、仕事もあるし、彼も、友達も、
教会も、全部こっちで落ち着いちゃったし。
日本では、やりたいコト(仕事)できないのかなー
と思うと、こっちに残っちゃうよね。
まぁ、あたしの場合は国籍がこっちだから
余計やりやすいのもあるけどね。

saknak said...

Etsuko>そうだよね、エツコは私よりずっとこの狭間にいるんだろうな〜。本当、私もグリーンカードあったら気持ちも違うかもだけど、悩むよね。帰るんだったら、30前だろうし!

Anonymous said...

I do love your blog. It's honest and full of truth. And ways of seeing things are so similar to me. I'm reading it as if I'm experience it. Have you seen the movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"? It's all about where/what kind of life you want. I wanna talk about this movie with you! Hiroko

saknak said...

OH HIROKO!

I was just thinking about that movie... I wanted to watch it for a long time and I finally did on the airplane back from Japan!! great great....! I know, I think I exactly know what you are feeling. I am happy to hear you share some views with my writings, thats very encouraging...! thank you for leaving comments.