Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nostalgic....

 
surprise surprise, Japan is full of small surprises... I buy a cup of coffee every morning, they put the coffee in this small bag!! It's just made for the coffee cup! Waste of resource but so Japanese. Also they put some scotch tape over the lid, so it doesn't spill coffee, which is brilliant.

Station gets more beautiful every year... look at these white tents over the station! It is so fancy... I don't know how Japanese manage to keep so clean and updated without interfering their business. This morning, some people were trying to get on the train when the door was closing. They made announcement 'Please wait for the next train, you will make us late!' kind of in angry tone! lol. People are very serious about running the train ON time, which is great, something that never happen in NY.

On the way to work... very familier path, which I walked so many times since elementary school. Brings me back some memories.. Some house was burning leaves and branches after sweeping the street, it exactly smelled the same as before.  It is very funny how the smell can bring you to the old memories.  Burning leaf smell is very unique smell since I never had that in the United States, something unique to me.

Cherry blossoms are so white, I thought they are pinker... maybe I got used to strong contrasts in the United States. Everything seems to be in vivid color in America. I fell sleep on the train, still dreams in English. ( I dream about you Nico!) It is so funny to dream in English on the crowded train. I started discovering all the new candies at convenience stores and eating all good food during lunch. need to bring camera on me... 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sakura~! thank you for uploading interesting pics. B) i showed the first 2 pics to my arch friends...! Hiroko

nico said...

I'm hungry.

saknak said...

hiroko> hehe, Japan is so clean!!!

Nico> does papa feed you food?